Skip to content
Help and Referrals for Basic Needs
- NORWESCAP First Call for Help – Unsure of where to turn for help? Call NORWESCAP First Call for Help. Call 877-661-HELP (4357).
- Project Self-Sufficiency – non-profit organization serving individuals and families in Warren and Sussex Counties. Central Intake – 844-807-3500 offers a single point of entry for community residents to call and receive referrals to local resources.
- NJ Helps – Free and anonymous. Answer household income and expense questions, and learn if you are eligible for Food Stamps, affordable child health insurance, help with heating bills, and five other state programs.
- Catholic Charities Housing and Social Concerns Division – Archdiocese of Metuchen service to individuals and families in need.Phone: 908-859-5447
- Woodlands Wildlife Refuge – Care and release of orphaned and injured native wildlifeback to their natural habitat. Pittown, N.J. Phone: 908-730-8300
- Common Sense for Animals – No-kill shelter and pet adoption center; runs New Jersey’s second legal trap-neuter-release feral cat program. Phone: 908-859-3060
- Mylestone Equine Rescue – Rescues abused and neglected horses and works with humane officials to reduce instances of abuse.Phone: 908-995-9300
- The ARC – County-wide services and support for persons of all ages with developmental disabilities, and their families. Phone: 908-689-7525
- Center for Independent Living – Now available in Warren County: personal care services that enable physically disabled persons age 18 to 65 to attend college or vocational training, to work, and to live independently. Phone: 973-625-1940
- Domestic Abuse and Sexual Assault Crisis Center (DASACC) – 24/7 Helpline: 908-453-4181
- State of NJ Adult Protective Services – To report vulnerable adults: those 18 and older with illness, disability or deficiency and who are subject to abuse, neglect or exploitation. Toll-Free Hotline: 1-800-792-8820
- NJ Safe Haven Law – Permits babies less than 30 days old to be given up safely, legally, confidentially and without consequences, at any Police Station or Hospital Emergency Room, by a parent or anyone acting on their behalf. Toll-Free Hotline: 1-877-839-2339
- Warren County Community College – Two year degrees; coordination and transfer to four-year colleges. Adult continuing education courses. Phone: 908-835-9222
- GED Program – Warren Tech offers FREE preparation classes, enroll any time. Classes held in Washington and Phillipsburg. Phone: 908-835-2480.
- New Jersey Youth Corps of Phillipsburg -A program that offers young adults between 16 and 25 who have left high school without graduating the opportunity to both earn a high school diploma and gain work skills through meaningful community service. Phone: 877-270-7266.
- Rutgers Cooperative Extension Program of Warren County – Focuses on needs relating to agriculture and the environment; management of natural resources; food safety, quality, and health; family stability; economic security; and youth development.Phone: 908-475-6514
- Warren County Division of Aging & Disability Services – Help with Medicare, prescriptions, paperwork, housing, nutrition and health; Senior Citizen Clubs. Newsletter The Warren Crier available free at Library. Toll Free: 1-877-222-3737
- Phillipsburg Area Senior Center – Social and educational services for seniors including exercise, crafts, dancing, book club, games, etc. Phone: 908-859-2423
Family Support Services
Food and Nutrition
- NORWESCAP Food Bank -Phone: 908-454-4322
- Women, Infants and Children Supplemental Food (WIC) – Phone: 800-527-0125
- Catholic Charities Food Assistance – Phone: 908-859-5447
- Phillipsburg Area Meals on Wheels –Meals on Wheels are distributed to people who cannot easily prepare their own meals. Phone: 908-859-6829
- Phillipsburg Housing Authority – Promotes adequate and affordable housing, economic opportunity, and a suitable living environment free from discrimination. Phone: 908-859-0122
Jobs and Career Counseling
- Continuing Education – A cooperative venture of Warren County College and Warren Technical School. Phone: 908-689-7613
- NJ Dept. of Labor Vocational Rehabilitation – Helps adults with disabilities and challenges to train for, and find, productive work. Phone: 908-852-4110
- Career and Life Transitions Center for Women – Provides direct support, counseling and assistance to displaced homemakers. Phone: 908-835-2624
- Workforce New Jersey One-Stop Career Center (NJDOL) – Matches workers to job openings, provides skills training. Phone: 908-859-0400
- Adult Literacy – Adult Literacy, Aprender Ingles: Classes or individual instruction at Warren County Technical School, or at the Phillipsburg Housing Authority. Ask for Maria Heaton.Phone: 908-835-2480
- First Book – NORWESCAP First Book-Warren County supports local literacy programs with grants of new books, so that low-income children can experience the magic of owning their own first books. Phone: 908-454-3712
- Workforce Learning Link – NJDOL One-Stop Career Center provides a free skills-development program including adult literacy, GED prep, and English as a Second Language. Work alone, in a small group, or with a coach. Phone: 908-859-0400
- Firth Youth Center – Community service organization offering diverse programs to support the needs of local families, including
after-care, summer camp, sports clinics, and programs for children, teens, and adults.
- Warren County Convention and Visitors Bureau– Internet Visitor’s Guide with events calendar. Subscribe from the site to email newsletter Warren Wanderings with things to see and do.
- NJ Transit – Routes 890 and 891 serve Phillipsburg, Easton, Pohatcong, Lopatcong. Reduced fares for seniors and disabled, commuter link to Newark/NYC. Phone: 973-275-5555
- Warren County Transportation Program – Handicapped-accessible bus, Monday – Friday, 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. For home pickup and drop-off, call by 3:00 the previous day. Bus leaves from Main & Sitgreaves Sts., stops anywhere along the route. Fare $1.00 (Seniors and disabled 50 cents). Phillipsburg/Washington/Hackettstown. Phone: 908-454-4044 or 866-594-4044
- Norwescap Skylands RSVP Volunteer Resource Center – Provides opportunities for adults to participate in their community through volunteer services; provides volunteers to help nonprofit groups. Phone: 908-387-9830