Phillipsburg Free Public Library
Adopted November 2, 2000; revised 4/3, 11/6/03; 5/6/, 9/2, 10/7/04; 6/7/18; 6/4/20
- Food, alcohol, tobacco products. Capped beverages permitted.
- Weapons (exception: local, Warren County, State and Federal Officers)
- Animals (exception: Service Dogs covered by A.D.A.)
BEHAVIORS PROHIBITED BY THESE RULES:
- Disturbing patrons or staff by making loud noises (talking, singing, arguing), following, or intruding on others
- Playing audio equipment so that others can hear it
- Running or jumping
- Climbing on furnishings or fixtures
- Using cellular phones in any room other than the lobby
- Any illegal activity
- Fighting or challenging others to fight
- Being under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Defacing, marring or altering library materials, property, equipment or computer systems
- Interfering with library staff in the performance of their duties
- Leaving a child unattended in the library without the supervision of an adult
- Having bodily hygiene so offensive as to constitute a nuisance to others
- Being in the library without a shirt or without footwear
- Willful exposure of private parts
- Displaying images deemed inappropriate to a library setting
- Verbally abusing or threatening library staff or other library patrons
- Failing to follow staff instructions on health and safety procedures, including but not limited to social distancing, the wearing of protective masks, and the use of hand sanitizer.
- Patrons in possession of prohibited items, or who are behaving in a prohibited manner, will be asked to cease the infraction.
- Patrons who do not cease the infraction when asked to do so by a staff member may be required to leave the building; denied the use of the library’s materials or equipment; and/or banned from re-entering the library for a period of time.
- Patrons who disagree with these actions may request a hearing with the Library Director.