I must admit that I am not a fan of red velvet cake. But when I saw these Red Velvet Baby Cakes, they were too cute not to make. And they were so easy! The raspberry jam is a nice surprise. Give these a try for something a bit different for dessert.
(adapted from Taste of Home)
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts)
- 1 red velvet cake mix plus ingredients for making cake according to package directions
- ½ cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Assorted sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 24 muffin cups; set aside.
- Carefully unroll pie crusts. Using a 2 ½-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 24 circles. Press pie crust onto the bottom and slightly up the sides of greased muffin cups. Top each with 1 teaspoon raspberry jam; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare cake according to package directions. Fill prepared muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350°F. for 14-16 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost with vanilla frosting. Decorate with sprinkles, if using.