I have to confess, I do not bake chocolate chip cookies. Until now. For years, I have tried different recipes with very little success, so I just didn’t make them. And then this gem of a recipe popped up on a friend’s Facebook page and she suggested I give it a try. Wow! I am glad I did. These Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft and they don’t spread into one giant cookie when baked. Maybe it was the name of the blog that makes them so unbelievably good. Spaceshipsandlaserbeams.com doesn’t give any sign that it’s a resource for fun recipes, but I haven’t been disappointed with the ones I have tried. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
These easy, delicious cookies are the perfect quick dessert. With this recipe you get the classic chocolate chip cookies we all know and love, but they are taken to another level with the addition of smooth and rich cream cheese!
Prep Time 15 minutes; Cook Time 10 minutes; Chill Time 1 hour; Total Time 1 hour 25 minutes
Servings 42 cookies
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick butter softened
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium size bowl sift together the flour, cornstarch, and baking soda. Set the bowl aside.
- Using a stand mixer, or a large mixing bowl and an electric handheld mixer, cream together the butter and cream cheese on medium to medium-high speed, for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Using a spatula, scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl.
- Add the sugars, salt and, vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed until the butter and sugar mixture for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl.
- On low speed, add the egg. Mix until no yellow streaks from the eggs are visible. Keep scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Continue the mixer on low speed, and slowly add the flour mixture a 1/2 cup at a time just until the flour mixture is well incorporated.
- Using a large wooden spoon, stir in the chocolate chunks and mini-chips.
- Cover the cookie dough and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Before removing the cookie dough from the refrigerator, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the cookie dough. Gently roll the dough into a ball and place on the cookie sheet. Space the dough balls 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to rest on the cookie sheet for 1 to 2 minutes before transferring the cookies to a cooling rack.