This week we have another guest recipe from Cindy, one of our library assistants!
I have several of the Six Sisters’ cookbooks on my shelf at home. I like them because they usually aren’t fussy recipes with exotic ingredients. Instead, they are comfort-food recipes that use staples I already have on hand. Their new cookbook, Six Sisters Stuff Copycat Cooking, has quickly become a family favorite. The recipes I’ve tried have not disappointed in their “copycat” taste. This is a nice, affordable way to enjoy some restaurant favorites, or to try some new dishes. Chili’s Cajun Chicken Pasta is one my family has fixed several times. I like that I can control the spiciness of the dish. During the time the library is closed, check out the Six Sisters’ website for more delicious recipes.
15 min Prep Time
15 min Cook Time
30 min Total Time
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 4 Tablespoons butter (divided)
- 3 cups half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook penne pasta according to directions on the box. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Place chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag and sprinkle in Cajun seasoning. Reseal bag and shake thoroughly until chicken is evenly coated.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken breasts over medium heat in 2 Tablespoons of butter, turning occasionally until cooked through.
- In a separate skillet combine half and half, 2 Tablespoons butter, lemon pepper, salt, pepper, and garlic powder over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat when cream mixture starts to bubble.
- Pour cream sauce over cooked noodles. Slice chicken breasts into strips.
- Serve pasta on serving plates.
- Top with chicken breast strips, and sprinkle on diced tomatoes and Parmesan cheese.