This is another of my favorite Taste of Home soup recipes. I just love their recipes because so many of them can be made with ingredients you already have on hand. This one is easy and delicious!
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14 ½ ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14 ½ ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 ½ cups uncooked spiral pasta
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, corn, tomato paste, Italian seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese.
Yield: 8 servings (2 ¾ quarts)